Painting is just another way of keeping a diary ~Pablo Picasso

Tuesday, April 21, 2020

In the Bluebells

A scene from the NatureScaping demonstration gardens. I'm not sure the variety of bluebells, and I have to admit I'm also not sure on the variety of bee that was visiting. However, NatureScaping has a large structure where they keep and also sell mason bees (Blue Orchard). There was lots of busy bee activity in and out of the shed, and this guy has the dull brown look of a mason bee. I wasn't focusing my attention on him, although I saw him through my  lens. I adjusted my shutter speed to about 1/500 in hopes of catching him in action, but he's still a little blurry. 

3 comments:

John "By Stargoose And Hanglands" said...

Lovely picture with those nice out-of-focus areas. Those look similar to what we call Spanish Bluebells and are what always used to be sold to gardeners as they are bigger and more robust than our English ones, though they are rather paler. Unfortunately they can hybridise with our native Bluebells and threaten to overwhelm them in places. It doesn't look as though I'll be getting out to any bluebell woods this year as there are none within walking distance of home.

merlecolibri said...

merci pour cette scène avec les jacinthes des bois et ce butineur minuscule * ici dans le jardin il y a ces fleurs en ce moment, elles ont dû être rapportées par la terre d'une plante offerte par une amie. et chaque année j'ai le plaisir de voir renaître ces beautés bleues.

Angie Cavalieri said...

This image brought an immediate smile to my face. Thank you for providing the highlight of my day. You have quite the photographic eye!