Painting is just another way of keeping a diary ~Pablo Picasso

Saturday, May 28, 2011

May 28

So how bout that!  I got myself a 50mm prime lens with a 1.8 aperture, and I'll tell you what, it's going to be a while before I can make myself switch out of f/1.8!  Such a new experience that I'm addicted for now.  I'll admit the effect is a little exteme, but it's a new effect so it's fresh.  This was shot in manual mode, which is also something new for me from my workshop a few weeks ago.  I'm happy with the overall lighting and effect. 

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Glad you got the lens. It is so fun to see what that 1.8 allows you to do creatively with your images. I'm with you on the 70-200 2.8 lens but in the mean time, the 50mm prime lens is a wonderful addition. Enjoy it!
Love all three images. The top one is beautiful and with the angle you took it, you can still tell that it's a cactus flower - very cool. The bottom one reminds me of a caleidescope a little.