Painting is just another way of keeping a diary ~Pablo Picasso

Thursday, June 20, 2013

Sunflower Season

It's the time of year when fields around here start turning yellow.  I'm always amazed at how many fields are planted with sunflowers.  It must be a lucrative crop! And I've learned something about sunflowers living here.  I used to think of sunflowers as these nimble flowers, bending on their stalks to face the sun.  Now I know that they face east to great the sunrise, so by the end of the day, they have their backs to the setting sun.  In past years I've photographed them in the morning.  Here they are backlit just before sunset.

2 comments:

brattcat said...

van gogh would most certainly approve.

Anonymous said...

Wow Melissa. I love this last week of photos! I have deleted my account and will email you about it. Will continue to follow you as I can. Keep up the marvelous work! You are in the professional level now. Gin