Painting is just another way of keeping a diary ~Pablo Picasso

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Salmon Season

Back to the mouth of the Columbia for today's photo, which was taken on the bridge between Washington and Oregon, thanks to a construction flag stop. I remember reading that salmon season was beginning here, and I also remember reading that it would be a good season, but I have to say I wasn't prepared for the quantity of fishing boats near the bridge! Must really be a terrific season! Bill has a fishing trip planned for November...I sure hope there are still some salmon left by then!

4 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

wow! that's just amazing to me!

Lynette said...

I cannot imagine fishing in such open water. I'd be scared the whole time.

Ida said...

That is a lot of boats. I've been Salmon fishing before down on the OR coast. Last year and this year they say the Salmon runs have been fantastic.

Folkways Note Book said...

An interesting photo. I just read "Braiding Sweetgrass," by Robin Wall Kimmerer, a native American that describes the way the old natives fished for salmon. First honoring them and then letting the old leaders complete their migration back to their home place -- only until a couple days passed would they begin to take the younger salmon. I don't think the salmon have a chance with all these fishermen!!!! -- barbara