Painting is just another way of keeping a diary ~Pablo Picasso

Monday, January 26, 2015

Back to Hood River

Ok, I admit it.  I'm a little fixated on the gorge right now, and especially on this marina in Hood River.  Bill and I were actually heading south of the Dalles yesterday, but I did time the trip for driving through Hood River just after sunrise.  It was sunny right up until we got to Hood River and then the fog got pretty thick.  I was actually hoping it would clear a little behind me so the sail masts could be white instead of black, but the sky didn't fully cooperate.  Anyway, I think it's an interesting comparison to the marina photo I took a week or so ago.  And for good or bad, I can say this won't be the last photo of this marina I will post this winter.  One thing I love about the Pacific Northwest is how quickly the weather changes.  The light is constantly shifting, and it makes photography so fun.  I'm looking forward to some future trips down the gorge to check out the light and this marina, and of course to pick up an amazing cup of chai at North Shore Cafe.  (And a bit of blog foreshadowing...more on the chai later in the week!)

6 comments:

Giga said...

Very nice picture, and place interesting if sunlight is rapidly changing. Regards.

TexWisGirl said...

it's just beautiful! love the shimmery reflections!~

Gail Dixon said...

It's a beautiful image and I can see why you enjoy creating photographs from there. The reflection is amazing!

píxeles y neuronas said...

Very nice picture, Melissa.
Agustín.

Linda W. said...

Nice shot of the marina and great reflections!

Folkways Note Book said...

Agree about the Northwest's changing light. We have had some phenomenal dark's and light lately. -- barbara