Painting is just another way of keeping a diary ~Pablo Picasso

Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Down River

A rare view from the center of the Hood River-White Salmon Bridge crossing the Columbia. It's not so easy to get a photo from the bridge; it's a super narrow grated metal bridge with no pedestrian path. There is the possibility of a bridge lift, but I've never been lucky enough to get caught on the bridge when a large boat comes through.  Today was my lucky day though.  No lift, but intermittent bridge work was going on and I got stopped for a few minutes so I took the opportunity and got out to get a few photos.  (Very odd feeling to be walking on the open grated bridge floor and looking through to the water below!) 

2 comments:

Linda W. said...

Great view of the Gorge! I've always wanted to take photos of the view from the Bridge of the Gods but have never gotten up the nerve to walk over it.

Gayle said...

Majestic landscape shot by a brave photographer.