Painting is just another way of keeping a diary ~Pablo Picasso

Sunday, December 4, 2016

Mystery Falls


I remember reading, on one of my earliest visits, that there are 77 waterfalls throughout the Columbia Gorge, on both the Oregon and Washington sides, but more in Oregon.  And I remember thinking how can there possibly be that many waterfalls!  Now that we've lived here for a few years, my thinking is just the opposite.  77 seems like a ridiculously low number!  Gorge waterfalls must number in the hundreds.  Unless 77 is just waterfalls falling right at the edge of the Columbia.  Either way, this waterfall would be one of the 77.  It's one of two waterfalls I walked past on my short walk along the Historic Hwy 30 Trail near Starvation Creek.  I especially liked the tree clinging to the edge of the cliff wall. 

3 comments:

Linda W. said...

Yep, when it rains a lot, waterfalls come out of the woodwork in the Gorge.

Lady Fi said...

What a pretty shot.

Giga said...

I love waterfalls and the sound of falling water. Regards.