Painting is just another way of keeping a diary ~Pablo Picasso

Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Origami

Snow yesterday! Hard to believe, but big flakes starting falling in the morning, and at the point that they started sticking, I figured that Clover and I should hurry to the park to photograph the witch hazel. I have a strong suspicion it was blooming during our January snows, branches in the bottom right of the image we're done blooming at the point I found the tree, and I was sorry to miss seeing the blooms covered in snow. Of course by the time I got to the park, the snow had ended and a drizzly rain began. I decided, based on my recent idea that this witch hazel is a Japanese variety (Hamamelis japonica), to try for an image that looks like a floral origami paper. So that's the theme today.


2 comments:

Linda W. said...

Sorry you missed the snow, but the tree still looks nice.

Laura~Pretty Pix said...

Great theme and capture.
All this rain.. I think we're all starting to grow webbed feet!