Painting is just another way of keeping a diary ~Pablo Picasso

Saturday, April 29, 2017

The Early Bird

 Guess it's true what they say about the early bird getting the worm.
This little bird perched on a fence post just before sunrise at Dallas Mountain Ranch yesterday.
Which makes me an early bird too, although it was so very windy, windy at the ranch that I had to wonder if my early morning efforts were worth it. I drove into the gorge to photograph wildflowers. Not so easy in the wind. Reminding myself that getting up early and watching a beautiful sunrise is its own reward. 

2 comments:

Linda W. said...

I was there at sunrise too! Where were you? I was at the car. Yeah, conditions were challenging that's for sure, but I got some images I was happy with. Hope you enjoyed the ranch despite the wind.

merlecolibri said...

very nice bird silhouette *