Painting is just another way of keeping a diary ~Pablo Picasso

Tuesday, October 10, 2017

And Just Like That It's Fall

Sort of unusual for summer to linger into October, but that's the lucky weather we've been having in Southwest Washington this month.  Last week we woke up one day, freezing around the house all morning, before figuring out we needed to turn on the heater!  So sunny and 70s in the day and low 40s at night is how the week has gone.  And yesterday, we even had a little fog!  Exciting only because it's fresh right now.  (I'll be so sick of fog by the end of winter.) Clover and I walked to the little creek on the campus trails to see how it looked in a thin fog.  This involved hat and gloves, although I shed them before the end of the walk.  I liked the light; a thin fog adds just the right amount of diffusion for a photo with some depth.  I'll try this spot again once the Big Leaf Maples really start turning yellow.  (Plus I'm intending to get out with my camera a few times a week, so hopefully more active on the blog this month and next.)

4 comments:

John "By Stargoose And Hanglands" said...

What a beautiful location, even in subdued light. I'm wrestling with myself about whether to turn the heating on too. At present tight-fisted penny-pinching me is winning the battle!

Laura~Pretty Pix said...

Great capture.. love that tree!

Linda W. said...

Hooray for fall! I love overcast, foggy days. Best light for photography.

Sketchbook Wandering said...

Such subtle colors...such lovely lines...