Painting is just another way of keeping a diary ~Pablo Picasso

Friday, November 3, 2017

Trout Creek

Trout Creek in the Rain
I'm breaking with my usual protocol today to post before and after images from hikes along the Pacific Crest Trail in Gifford Pinchot. The first was taken during a steady rain, and I ended up cutting the hike short because I was waterlogged and my camera rain cover was all fogged up. I wanted to return as soon as possible, because the fall
Trout Creek After the Rain
color was at its peak and extra vibrant this year, but we had heavy rains and gusty wind for several more days. I came back once the weather cleared, and photographed the same location, and I'm including that 'after the rain' image because the comparison is interesting I think. The second image was taken with a different lens, so zoomed in a bit. Only the two largest mossy boulders are visible in the swollen creek. The Y-shaped tree above broke off, probably struck by that large trunk now lying along the bank. And of course, notably less colorful, especially the reds. Just a few days later, and a completely different scene!

4 comments:

John "By Stargoose And Hanglands" said...

Interesting comparison shots. In this instance the forces of nature have not succeeded in improving the scene, though it will all recover given time.

Linda W. said...

Amazing the difference a few days (and a lot of wind) makes.

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Both beautiful shots! I like the more vibrant colors in the first photo.

Laura~Pretty Pix said...

Really beautiful captures!