Painting is just another way of keeping a diary ~Pablo Picasso

Wednesday, March 18, 2020

The Outside World

 Nature continues with its schedule, oblivious to our new, crazy virus life! I was sure glad to get out this morning and take a break from virus news, news, news and walk at the Tom McCall Nature Preserve Point Hike in Oregon. It's a steep hike, with many switch-backs, coming back repeatedly to the hill's edge overlooking the Columbia River. This vantage point was the most picturesque. Consulting my field guide, Wildflowers of the Columbia Gorge (Russ Jolley), I think the foreground flowers are Columbia Desert Parsley (Lomatium columbianum). In the distance, the Rowena Point overlook. I saw a handful of people. We kept our "social" distance, but all so very happy to be out in the fresh air.

2 comments:

John "By Stargoose And Hanglands" said...

A view like that would certainly lift the spirits. I would imagine that Nature is finding things more to her liking with less people about.

Sketchbook Wandering said...

So lovely, the gentle pastels! I haven't seen your posts for awhile. I always love them.