Painting is just another way of keeping a diary ~Pablo Picasso

Monday, December 26, 2011

December 26

Christmas Eve we went to my sister in law's family celebration.  She has a large and festive family, and one of the things they did was have a lighted Christmas parade with caroling up and down the street.  I had fun practicing with using rear camera flash and a long exposure time.  I couldn't choose between photos today; I like them both. 

  The little girl above came up with the parade idea, and acted as grand marshall.  I love how the colors are spread out here, and just wish the flash had lighted her a little more.

Much stronger flash here, as this girl would tell you!  We just watched the movie Princess Mononoke this week, and so I think this photo makes her look like a Reindeer Goddess!  Especially since her legs don't show up.  It looks as though she's materializing into the scene.  This is because my new lens blocks the flash from illuminating the lower section of the photo, so I guess that means I'll need to get an external flash now.  :)

1 comment: