Painting is just another way of keeping a diary ~Pablo Picasso

Monday, April 20, 2015

Camas Study 5

Well, I made it back to the camas field this morning for a third time this season.  I tried to go yesterday, got all the way to the park, headed out on the trail, turned on my camera, and realized that the new battery I loaded was not charged.  An unfortunate breakdown in my system.  So I headed home and got my batteries charged for this morning.  The field has aged noticeably in two days, so if I get a strong urge to visit one more time this season, it will have to be in the next day or two, and given that our forecast turns to rain tomorrow I think today's visit was probably my last for the season. Sigh. I haven't even looked through all my photos yet, so I expect I'll post a few more in this study. (Sorry if anyone is tiring of it, but this series of photos has represented some growth for me, and I'm interested in working though that a bit more. Plus I'm super infatuated with the flowers if you haven't noticed!) Today's shot is actually the last one I took.  I was heading down the hill to leave and kept stopping and photographing as I went.  I'm glad I made the stop for this flower, because this was just the balance of focus and not-focus that I was looking for today.  Plus I think the color is pretty in its richness.

4 comments:

Giga said...

Cute photo of a flower. Previous photo makes me raving. Regards.

Laura~Pretty Pix said...

I'm loving this series..
this capture is wonderful!

TexWisGirl said...

another 'dreamy' one. lovely!

Gail Dixon said...

This is incredibly beautiful! A very nice artistic rendering. What a gold mine of a place to visit with your camera.