Painting is just another way of keeping a diary ~Pablo Picasso

Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Palouse Study #2

I visited the Palouse last spring during a college-shopping trip; that was my first chance to photograph this grain and lentil-growing region.  Then I tended to photograph in a more abstract way, which I have a habit of doing.  This year I decided to try to get a better landscape view and in fact I never changed my 17-55mm lens the entire time I was there, which is really rare for me because I love my zoom lens.  I struggled with the larger view though.  Over the course of the day I decided that a higher vantage point looking down was better, but I don't entirely object to a flatter view like the one photographed here.  There was certainly no shortage of rolling hills, shades of green, and puffy clouds for me to practice on!

2 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

love the soft rolling hills! just beautiful subtle changes.

Linda W. said...

What a lovely area! Someplace I need to visit. I like how you captured the sky, complete with puffy clouds.