Painting is just another way of keeping a diary ~Pablo Picasso

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Bird Creek

I made a little stop at these falls along my adventurous drive to Bird Creek Meadow.  A very minimal bridge crossed this creek, and just after the bridge was the first tiny turnout on my route.  It turns out that this unmarked creek was none other than Bird Creek, which maybe seems intuitive, but the number of rivers and creeks flowing from Mt. Adams is quite numerous, so I wasn't making any assumptions.  Especially since I drove maybe 3 or 4 miles past this creek to the trail head.  The area around the small falls and turnout was surprisingly inviting, given the ruggedness of the drive thus far, and it seemed to me like a marvelous spot for a picnic table.  Lots of inviting flat rocks around though, so I'm imaging this as a nice little rest stop the next time I venture up to Mt. Adams.

5 comments:

Giga said...

It looks beautiful stream of water falling into the river. Greetings.

TexWisGirl said...

very pretty, melissa!

Ida said...

That is a lovely little falls.

Shadow said...

Wow. Worthwhile stop this.

Linda W. said...

Lovely waterfall!