Painting is just another way of keeping a diary ~Pablo Picasso

Friday, July 29, 2016

As the Tide Comes In


Bandon, Oregon on the southern Oregon coast is known for its otherworldly rock formations and also its wonderful sand. I blogged yesterday about an early morning photo just before low tide. Today's photo is from later in the morning when the clouds were clearing out. The tide started coming in by mid morning, creating the great reflection I love so much on the wet Pacific Northwest sand. I was just starting to hone in on the photo I was looking for when I lost this good light. It's hard to get a good reflection when the sun is too high in the sky. Still, a fabulous morning on the coast! This water felt so refreshing. Wish I were still there!
Linking to Weekend Reflections.

14 comments:

buntpapierfabrik.blogger.de said...

A beautiful and magic picture. The reflection is phantastic!

Christine said...

Wonderful reflection! So calming!

Taken For Granted said...

You had a great sky to reflect in that flat, mirror like water. Great picture.

John "By Stargoose And Hanglands" said...

A lovely picture. I must get to the coast soon.

James said...

This is so beautiful! Excellent photo!

Electra said...

Stunning!

Laura~Pretty Pix said...

Gorgeous capture, Melissa!

Sketchbook Wandering said...

A very magical scene...

Valerie said...

A fabulous capture.

Ruth Kelly said...

Dreamy. There is where I wanted to go for a vacation this year but it just didn't happen.

marsha said...

beautiful

Folkways Note Book said...

A surreal feeling about your photo! -- barbara

Jim said...

This is my favourite reflection posted this week. :)

píxeles y neuronas said...

Very nice reflections. Congrats.
Agustín.