Painting is just another way of keeping a diary ~Pablo Picasso

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

April 14

Welcome to my blog. The idea behind this blog is that I'll post one photo a day for the year, ending next April 14th. This came from a photography book by Jim Brandenburg, a National Geographic wildlife photographer. He's done a couple of books where he posts one photo from each day. I thought it was a good idea, and would maybe give some self-imposed structure to my photography practice. And force me to have a good editing eye. As an added bonus, you should get a pretty good idea of what it looks like around here.


So I started with a self portrait, in honor of the day. This was taken in downtown Olympia, in the window of an old bank that's now a jewelry shop. I liked the mirror reflection on the inside. I liked that you can't see my face. And I liked that you can see that I shoot with Nikon.

No comments: