Painting is just another way of keeping a diary ~Pablo Picasso

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

April 28

This was taken around 5pm today with the sun behind me, and behind the clouds for the moment. It was one of those days where it's raining one minute and then a bright sunbreak the next...rainbow weather. This is Budd Inlet about half way up the west side of Olympia. There are a lot of old pilings and piers left from logging factory days, and also lots of revitalization where these areas are getting turned into parks. This is pretty high tide at this point, and it's such a pretty spot late in the day when the tide is high. I thought I would take a wide angle shot but I was having trouble keeping the overlook railing out of the shot. I'm surprised it was only 31mm. I like the dark lighting because it gives the pier a nice silhouette look. I love the texture of the water in the lower part of the picture.

No comments: