Painting is just another way of keeping a diary ~Pablo Picasso

Saturday, October 2, 2010

October 2

When I got up this morning and read in the paper that today is Annie Leibovitz's birthday, I thought I'd do a portrait today (I'm currently reading Annie Leibovitz at Work).  I was up at the crack of dawn to go to a debate meet so I thought I could take some photos there.  But a few things got in my way.  First I had to drive into an inspiring sunrise, and second, I'm not all that comfortable with portrait photography.  It seems so intrusive.  So I chickened out, which was easy because I had already photographed the sunrise.  This is approaching the Yolo Wildlife Area from the west.  I like the power lines in the photo a lot, but I wish I'd given the grain house a slightly higher spot on the horizon.  It really was an inspirational sunrise, and so I think the photo falls short.  Too bad I couldn't have given it more time.  It's the first time I've been really excited about photography all week!  I'm going to try resuming daily posting, but if I don't have time or don't like what I've got then I just won't post that day.  So that's the plan...

No comments: