Painting is just another way of keeping a diary ~Pablo Picasso

Saturday, October 9, 2010

October 9, 2010

Boy does this photo suit my mood perfectly today.  I heard James Taylor on the way home, and I was just thinking that I can listed to James Taylor no matter what sort of mood I'm in and it feels right.  Plus his music always reminds me of fall in New England.  Today this photo reminds me of a James Taylor song.  I really love the setting sun feeling of it, plus the really shallow depth of field that makes the pavement glitter in the waning light.  If I could have taken this photo one minute earlier it would have glowed even more.  I tried just setting my camera on the ground and letting the auto focus search but it wouldn't lock in on anything.  So I had to cast off my pride (and my shoes) and lie down on the pavement to take this, and in that short amount of time the light had dimmed considerably.  It still gives me a really easy-going feeling though, and I like it today.  I'll have to see what kind of staying power it has and look at it again when I'm in a different mood...
f/5.6, 1/25, 200mm, portrait

No comments: