Painting is just another way of keeping a diary ~Pablo Picasso

Monday, October 4, 2010

October 4

There are a good variety of shorebirds staging at the Solano and Sonoma County Marshes.  I saw them yesterday on our way to Point Reyes, and wanted to photograph them right away because I'm not sure when they'll take off for their next migration stop.  Could be they stay here all winter, but I highly doubt it.  As for the photo, I was really happy to catch this blue-stocking bird landing.   I'm not totally wild about the overall effect, and I'm not sure why.  As if often the case, I didn't have a lot of time here today, but I am going to pack a lunch and head back in the next day or two to really spend time photographing.  I'm not sure bird photos are by best photos, but definitely my favorite to take!
f/9, 1/320, 165mm

No comments: