Painting is just another way of keeping a diary ~Pablo Picasso

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

January 3

From my trip to the Zen Garden at Golden Gate Park yesterday.  This bridge is surprisingly steep, and you climb it like you would a ladder.  It was one of the most popular spots in the garden, with one family after another getting photos here.  I went for the reflection in the pond.  The leaves floating on the surface are ginko.  Too bad my camera can't focus on both the reflection, which is deep in the water, and the leaves on the surface.  The eye can switch back and forth effortlessly, but I have to pick one or the other with the lens.  And I opted for the family, of course!

1 comment:

---Eric--- said...

It worked out nice because the out of focus ginkos look like clouds drawn with a brush.