Painting is just another way of keeping a diary ~Pablo Picasso

Monday, January 23, 2012

January 23

Where I come from in Indiana, robins are considered a sign of spring.  I can't recall when spring started in this part of the Central Valley last year, but it was early.  I know the orchards were all blooming by mid-February.  So today when I came home at lunchtime to find all these robins on my street (and if there were four, there were a hundred!), it got me thinking of spring!  Do robins migrate in huge flocks?  I suppose so, although I had never seen one before today.  And is spring really just around the corner?  If so, I'm certainly getting spoiled here in California. 

1 comment:

Steve Gravano said...

I hope your right. Here in New York we don't get spring till April. But to tell you the truth, by February I'm ready for it!