Painting is just another way of keeping a diary ~Pablo Picasso

Monday, December 2, 2013

Ecola State Park

Indian Beach in Ecola State Park is a great rocky beach for exploring tide pools.  This was the area where we saw the most tide pool life; as I mentioned in an earlier post, most of it was still under water because we came too close to high tide.  I liked the ripply beach pattern in the foreground of this photo.  The big rock outcropping near the center of the frame is just starting to get full morning sunlight.  Along the horizon near the right is Tillamook Rock Lighthouse.  I'm not sure how far off the coast it is, but not quite so far as it looks in this photo.  My framing really diminished it, but I did like the idea of including it in the image. 

4 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

love the blue ripples!

Gail Dixon said...

Those wavy ripples really draw your eye in. Lovely blue hues, too.

Bill said...

Beautiful image!

Sketchbook Wandering said...

Again, the abstract qualities in your image arej just spectacular. I'm thinking other visitors to this place might not see it as you do. So it is a lovely thing that you show us.