Painting is just another way of keeping a diary ~Pablo Picasso

Sunday, December 15, 2013

Hello, Sunshine!

I had a short weekend trip down to my old photography stomping ground in Sacramento and Davis this weekend.  The cause for the trip was the member reception at Viewpoint Photographic Art Center in Sacramento.  One of my photos one third prize in their juried member show, which was fun and exciting, and also a little amazing and humbling because there are so many talented photographers there!  So fun to be back in the sunshine for the weekend, and even though I didn't do much photography while I was there, I tried to get a few photos at some favorite spots.  This one is on R St. in midtown Sacramento, just down the street from Shoki Ramen House.  I photographed this rusty old building light a few years ago when this metal building was still silver.  Now they've painted it white, which gives the photo a Greek Isles feel, especially with that crazy blue sky! Anyway, a few more Sacramento photos to share in the next few days...

1 comment:

TexWisGirl said...

congrats on winning the award!