Painting is just another way of keeping a diary ~Pablo Picasso

Sunday, February 2, 2014

Port of Olympia

I got to stop in at one of my former hometowns on Friday, heading up to Seattle.  We had a light drizzle on the way up, but the weather report kept calling for clearing skies.  I was imagining a sunbreak just as we drove into Olympia.  We pulled into town for lunch, and it was just like I order up this weather.  The skies cleared overhead, so I got my sun in the foreground and overcast in the background, which is classic Olympia weather.  The foreground, by the way, is Percival Landing, which is undergoing a transformation right now, thus all the construction equipment behind the Sandman.  In the background is Port of Olympia.  Olympia is were I took my photography classes and also where I started 45journal, and happens to be one of my favorite cities.  It was great to be back here, if only for a short while passing through.

5 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

it's just beautiful. almost a feeling of 3D in this image. :)

Giga said...

Miejscowość z pewnością piękna, a zdjęcie jest wspaniałe. Pozdrawiam.
City certainly beautiful, and the picture is great. Yours.

Folkways Note Book said...

Nice colors and composition. Refreshing. So you lived in Olympia -- looks like a great town, -- We might bump into each other along our photography field trips -- barbara

Deb said...

I love sea side towns.

Gail Dixon said...

This is like a painting. Love the water reflections!