Painting is just another way of keeping a diary ~Pablo Picasso

Saturday, March 29, 2014

Spring Showers

We've been getting a lot of rain this week. Not a bad thing for this time of year, plus I've been wanting to get a more rainy version of my closeup tulip photo.  Timing the weather has been tricky though.  Ideally I would photograph in a light drizzle or just after it finished raining, and I've been second guessing myself about photo opportunities all week.  Today I just went for it. I left this morning in a light drizzle for Holland America Bulb Farm in nearby Woodland, and by the time I got out in the field with my camera I was standing in a driving rain.  I had raincoat, umbrella, and puddle boots, but still managed to get drenched and hope I kept my camera dry enough!  I like the photos though, and I'll probably post several (I really hope you guys don't get tired of seeing tulips here this month!) The rain is actually visible in the photos, although not so much in this one.  Just one streak in the upper center of the frame. 

3 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

gorgeous! nope, not gonna get tired of these beauties!

(and i hope your camera was dry enough, too!)

Alica said...

What a pretty reminder that spring is almost here. Really! Gorgeous photo!

Deb said...

I was in the rain photographing flowers recently too. Though not tulips. I have plans to plant some soon in readiness for Spring. Just waiting for this dreaded humidity to CEASE. So much for Autumn!
I love your focus study photo too. I can never get that effect. Do you have any hints?