Painting is just another way of keeping a diary ~Pablo Picasso

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Wooden Shoe Tulip Farm

It's getting very close to tulip time up here.  Yesterday I headed over to the Wooden Shoe Tulip Farm in Woodburn to see the progress in the fields.  I would say about half the rows are starting to bloom, so maybe by next weekend they will be in full bloom.  The farmers told me that cold weather will prolong the bloom season, and since the weather turned colder and wetter today and this forecast continues through the weekend, I'm hoping for a long bloom season.  I have three different farms to visit in Oregon and Washington over the course of this month, so I'll get a lot of practice photographing tulips and keep some nice spring color up on the blog!

2 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

gorgeous!! you live in a great part of the country!

Folkways Note Book said...

You sound like you are going to be busy visiting all those farms -- but what fun seeing all the blooming color. Your tulips are lovely. -- barbara