Painting is just another way of keeping a diary ~Pablo Picasso

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Zigzag

Another great hike near Mt. Hood is the Little Zigzag Falls hike.  It's just a half mile to the falls, no elevation change, and the entire walk on a carpet of soft pine needles next to the rushing Zigzag River.  These snags are thick throughout the hike, and often form a bridge across the river and back.  This scene happened to be my favorite, but I might post another shot from this hike (since I took so many photos here!)

5 comments:

This is Belgium said...

I can see why it is a favourite
greeting from Brussels
anni

TexWisGirl said...

just beautiful. you can post as many as you'd like. :)

Sketchbook Wandering said...

The magic of hikes...I love the way the water looks in your photo, so white, to rushing. I know nothing about real photography, is it the camera speed? Or the developement process?

Folkways Note Book said...

The Mt Hood area is magical. Your photo exudes the mystical force of nature -- its great. -- barbara

Ida said...

Very pretty. I can see why you liked it. I love waterfalls of any size.