Painting is just another way of keeping a diary ~Pablo Picasso

Monday, July 5, 2010

July 5

 Up here in Ludington, Michigan the milkweed is just starting to bloom and the monarch butterflies are arriving daily. I thought this was a pretty cool photo because I caught the butterfly landing on the milkweed flower, so the body is pretty much in focus and the wings are still a blur. That's Hamlin Lake in the background, and in the upper right corner, the sand dune is part of Ludington State Park. I originally had my aperture open and set the ISO to 200 to get a quicker shot, but I switched the aperture for a different photo with bigger depth of field. I'm glad I left it that way for this photo, because I think 1/160 gave just the right amount of motion on the monarch wing.

f/9, 1/160, ISO200

No comments: