Painting is just another way of keeping a diary ~Pablo Picasso

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

July 7


I intended to get a photo of Big Sable Lighthouse, but I didn't realize that you can't drive to the lighthouse but have to park in a lot and hike four miles to it. So I nixed that idea, because I don't have time to do that today. On the way in to the State Park I saw this old tree so I thought it might make a nice photo. Lake Michigan is right on the other side of the dune, but really the sky was more interesting today anyway. When I drove by this tree the first time the sun was really bright and the white branches really glowed; I was waiting for the sun to come out from behind the clouds all the way, but it was actually getting cloudier so it's not as bright as I wanted.
f/5.6, 1/400, 18mm

No comments: