Painting is just another way of keeping a diary ~Pablo Picasso

Thursday, June 30, 2011

June 30

I took this photo for my nephew's birthday card.  There's a theme for the birthday gift, but I won't give too much away here, since maybe he'll check the blog before his birthday :)  It's pretty obvious anyway, right?  I'm happy with the photo...it came out just how I was imagining it, which is pretty rare for me.  I guess I wasn't imagining a guitar/violin combo, but the patterns are pretty I think.  It's my prime lens set to f/1.8 again, which creates the blurry background.  The folks at Watermelon Music in downtown Davis were kind enough to let me set up my tripod and have fun with the camera.  It was a cool store; large and casual with lots going on.  It would be the perfect setting for a sitcom, with a cast of regulars (the employees) and a group of regular customers who stop in and work through life's little issues while playing a lot of guitar music.  Just being in there for a while makes you want to play guitar!  It doesn't hurt that I just read the Keith Richards book either...

No comments: