Painting is just another way of keeping a diary ~Pablo Picasso

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Hope Valley

I have a whole new appreciation for the phrase quaking aspens after this photo shoot.  It was early morning, and so calm, but every now and then the slightest breeze would come through and really get these Aspen leaves rustling.   It was low light here, so I was trying to use a long exposure, and I really didn't want the trees quaking at all!  I'm really happy with the color here.  This is just how it looked with a lemon-lime mix of changed leaves.  I was checking the Sacbee interactive website for fall color, and they showed Hope Valley at peak color change over the weekend.  I think this is slightly before peak, but I didn't mind at all.  I just wish I would have left out that section of dark evergreen on the right. 

No comments: