Painting is just another way of keeping a diary ~Pablo Picasso

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Happy 3rd Birthday, 45journal!

What started as a one year project back in 2010 is now beginning year number four!  I had some pretty strict rules for myself when I started the blog:  each photo had to be taken the day I posted it, and I could only post one photo a day.  It took me six months to completely burn out, and another six months to recover.  Around that time I started connecting with other daily photo bloggers, and realized that no one was taking each photo the day it was posted.  It was so hard!  Some days I would get many good shots and could only post one.  Other days the light was awful and I was embarrassed with everything I took.  Some days I just wasn't in the mood or feeling creative.  Thankfully those rules are long gone, but I do still try to only post one photo a day.  At this point though, I would have to say that the best thing about the blog has been all the different daily photo bloggers I've gotten to know.  I never realized I would make such great connections with people all over the US and the world.  So many different personalities and interests, but all drawn together by this quirky desire to post a photo a day!  I'm not sure how much longer I'll keep up the blog, but I'm not intending to stop this year.  For today's photo, a close-up of what I think is a miniature Lupine variation.  This was the most common flower I saw on my trip to Table Mountain on Thursday. 

1 comment:

brattcat said...

happy anniversary! i think many of us feel as you do. beautifully stated, melissa. i wish i'd discovered your blog when you started. your images are a delight.