Painting is just another way of keeping a diary ~Pablo Picasso

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Partly Cloudy

Weather forecasts can be so confusing, and partly cloudy seems sort of pessimistic, I think.  This scene was definitely mostly sunny.  Lots of puffy clouds, but mostly sunny.  Of course, technically there's no sun in this shot, just a cloud.  It's a really great cloud though, so "partly cloudy" seems right.  I wish I could have given it some more space in the frame.  I was using my favorite lens, the 80-200m, and I'm sure this was taken at 80mm.  My kids like to tease me that I always have the wrong lens on my camera, but I would say I can use the 80-200 about 75% of the time.  Anyway, I quickly switched to my 17-55mm but the cloud moved just as quickly and the more spacious shot was gone. 

3 comments:

Deb said...

That cloud looks so perfect I'd almost swear it was airbrushed ;)

Unknown said...

Looks like a tiny planet.

Genie -- Paris and Beyond said...

This shot looks like you painted it with fine oils and canvas. I would say that you definitely captured the scene!

Bises,
Genie