Painting is just another way of keeping a diary ~Pablo Picasso

Saturday, September 7, 2013

Back in the PNW

...and no idea how to take a photo!  But that was how I felt when I moved to California too.  Like a fish out of water.  The light is completely different here, and I'll just have to get used to it.  Eric and I took Clover for a walk on a nearby horse trail yesterday after it rained.  We walked through a thick forest, and I was wondering why I even bothered to bring my camera, because it was so dark.  Sort of a take Snow White into the forest and leave her dark.  And I didn't think there would be a shot possible without my tripod, which I hadn't bothered to bring.  But I found this one (you can always shoot up into the sky without a tripod!)   I'm not sure what has caused these spots, but I didn't see them on any other tree, so I guess this one has some disease?  It gave the scene an interesting starry effect.  And next time I walk this trail, I'll be sure to bring my tripod!

No comments: