Painting is just another way of keeping a diary ~Pablo Picasso

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Venersborg Schoolhouse


We're getting some record rain here in the Portland area...a taste of things to come during our "rainy season!"  I decided I better just get used to it, and headed out this morning with my camera.  I got kind of interested in the smeary scene created through the windshield when the wipers have been turned off for a little while;  I was trying to put a dreamy spin on this dismal weather.  I'm pretty happy with how the photo turned out, although it received mixed reviews at my house. I suppose it does look a little too blurry.  I was playing around with just how much water to have on the windshield, and probably need to work on that a little more.  As a warning, "through my windshield" will probably be a theme I work on this winter.

Pictured here is the Venersborg Schoolhouse in Battleground.  The schoolhouse has been well maintained, and serves as a community club.  It was built in 1912 to service what was mainly a Swedish community.   

1 comment:

Lynette said...

Taking photos no matter the weather can be a challenge here, but thank goodness you've decided to do it when you can get a result like this one. I no longer own a car, but when I have a Zipcar, I often pull over to take photos from the windows or the windshield.