Painting is just another way of keeping a diary ~Pablo Picasso

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Seeing Green

For a nice change of pace, today we headed over to Multnomah Falls about a half hour east of Portland along the Columbia River.  I'll post the classic view tomorrow; today I like this more Zen shot of the pool midway up the falls.  And I especially like that mossy boulder in the front.  I would hate to have been here when that thing fell!  To get to this spot, we had to climb up a series of switchbacks with cable netting along the cliff wall.  Based on its shape, it looked like the netting had already caught lots of rock slides, although thankfully today it was just catching leaves.  Anyway, it's another green post for me...and I can see that the trick around here will be photographing "not green."  Just like the trick in the Central Valley was photographing "not brown."  I"ll work on that in the future, but tomorrow's photo of the falls will most definitely be green!

1 comment:

Lynette said...

Fabulous photo of somewhere I will never be. Thanks!