Painting is just another way of keeping a diary ~Pablo Picasso

Thursday, February 12, 2015

Mt. Hood Sunrise

After a solid week of rain and fog, we were rewarded yesterday morning with a glorious sunrise! I saw it forming, and hurried over to the WSU campus, which has a good view of Mt. Hood and Mount St. Helens.  Mt. Hood is to our southwest, so it's right in line for a sunrise. I only took this one photo of the mountain though; I thought the light was a little too intense around the mountain, and I shifted my attention to that pink light in the lower left of the photo. I sort of regret that now, because I do think the light came out pretty nice behind the mountain. Overall though the sunrise was more pink; for whatever reason my camera read the cloud light as warmer than it looked to me. Hopefully I will have another opportunity to try this shot again soon. The spectacular sunrises tend to come in a batch, so I was on watch this morning, but we had less than a minute of interesting light. Now I'm on sunrise skywatch for the next few weeks!

5 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

wow! love those colors!

Linda W. said...

Wonderful shot! Yes, we've been having fabulous sunrises this winter. Sadly, I'm usually at work when the occur and miss out.

Ida said...

Spectacular.

Deb said...

That's a shot worth getting up early for!

alp said...

Estupenda imagen.... Un abrazo desde Murcia.