Painting is just another way of keeping a diary ~Pablo Picasso

Sunday, February 15, 2015

Refrain

It's black and white week in my photography class, so this will be tough for me.  I'm going to try to at least shoot with black and white in mind.  I'm not sure I'll always post in black and white, mainly because color just makes me so happy.  For today's photo, black and white wasn't that difficult; the scene was essentially B&W to begin with.  I was back at the WSU Vancouver campus the day after my sunrise, and sure enough I encountered exactly the same fog!  This time though I was there around 9am.  I thought it would be interesting to post photos of last week's sunrise scenes, but this time in daylight lighting. Today's photo is almost the identical scene from yesterday's pastel photo, just slightly to the left.  I guess I wanted to keep the lower evergreens out of the image, although I'm not sure why. (I think I saw this as a more effective Michael Kenna composition...more on him in tomorrow's post.) Still, it's an interesting high key scene, and it does show the level of thickness in the low lying fog. 

4 comments:

Linda W. said...

Like you, I'm not much of a B & W fan either. But it is fun to experiment and good to try new things. I like this shot in B & W.

TexWisGirl said...

awesome and enveloping!

Deb said...

It's a postcard perfect Winter scene shot.

GreenComotion said...

Really nice photo!
Have a Beautiful Day!!
Peace :)