Painting is just another way of keeping a diary ~Pablo Picasso

Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Looking Up

An informal study of a favorite tree of mine.  I photographed it last week (and last year, and the year before), but just feel like focusing on it this week.  I'm reserving the right to change my mind, but for today it seems like a nice theme.  I like the idea of looking up, because this month is really kicking my butt.  And I like the idea of a narrow focus, because...same reason.  Plus we're moving in a month (mind you, just a few miles away on the other side of the highway), but it's not likely that I'll return to this tree once we've moved, so that's about it in terms of excuses.  Looking up this week...I like the large heart-shaped leaf.  I considered bringing all the branches to the end of the frame to give it more of a grid feel, but I liked the open space on the right better.  Big-hearted view for today.