Painting is just another way of keeping a diary ~Pablo Picasso

Thursday, May 13, 2010

May 13

I'm pretty sure this raccoon is part of the reason I haven't seen any goslings at Nisqually. Everytime I go I see new nests but they don't last. I saw a raccoon lurking in the reeds here a few weeks ago, and I thought he might sneak out and steal eggs. I didn't imagine that he would float across like a barge!
Technically I'm somewhat disappointed with this photo. The raccoon really caught me by surprise so my settings were all wrong. I had my camera set on aperture priority so I quickly switched to the largest aperture for a quicker shot, clicked the shutter release and my timer started going off. So I had to wait five seconds for the photo to take which is why I think the raccoon isn't in focus. Plus 1/30 isn't all that fast. I just didn't think fast enough to make the adjustments. But I had to post this because it was such a cool sight (even though I accuse him of eating the goose and duck eggs and babies). f/5.6, 1/30.

No comments: