Painting is just another way of keeping a diary ~Pablo Picasso

Friday, May 28, 2010

May 28

Another rainy day here...
I was on a field trip to the Seattle Art Museum today so I decided to get a classic Pike Place Market rainy day photo. I did use the more vivid setting again, mainly because we were seeing an Andy Warhol exhibit so it seemed appropriate. I think it helps the shot, especially the market sign and cobblestones. I tried to get a low angle so the wet bricks could lead into the photo. Looking at the photo now, I think I should have been slightly to the left so the whole market sign is framed by the gray sky, and not overlapping the building to the left. Also, the histogram spikes on both ends, probably from glare off the street. My polarizer is stuck on my other lens though, so I couldn't use it. Maybe it would have helped. I'll have to try it some time.
f/8, 1/60, 18mm, picture style more vivid.

No comments: