Painting is just another way of keeping a diary ~Pablo Picasso

Monday, May 17, 2010

May 17

This old logging pier is on West Bay. I posted a photo from this location on April 28th, but the light was much different tonight. I thought this photo had some interesting things going on in it. First my new favorite nesting goose. She's at the far right corner of the pier, and she never leaves that nest. Second, sailing lessons are going on in the distant background. Those little boats just go around in circles all evening. I also like the vine growing out of the post in the foreground, and the texture of the post and water. I'm not wild about the lighting, and I don't know if f/10 gives a good focus thoughout, but if I used a larger depth of field I'd lose the reflection pattern in the water. f/10, 1/20.

No comments: