Painting is just another way of keeping a diary ~Pablo Picasso

Thursday, September 16, 2010

September 16

I dropped my camera off for repairs today in Sacramento.  I couldn't help but stop along the way to photograph, this time using the macro filter, which also disguises my sensor spots.  I wanted to photograph rice growing, but I couldn't get close enough with the macro filter without stepping into the water. I need to be about 2-6 inches away from the subject matter depending on how much I'm zoomed in.  So I tried just standing right at the edge of the field, leaning as far over as I could with the camera up close to the rice stalks, and randomly shooting, but (surprise surprise) no spectacular results came from that. Next time I need some waders!  This isn't rice, it's just some sort of wild grass/grain that was growing right along the edge of the rice field, so I could easily stand close and see through the view finder to focus.  Rice field closeup someday soon...
f/5.6, 1/500, 55mm, +10macro filter

No comments: