Painting is just another way of keeping a diary ~Pablo Picasso

Sunday, September 19, 2010

September 19

Today we went to this huge corn maze in Dixon.  It took us 1 1/2 hours to work our way through it, and we were moving at a pretty fast pace!  I was imagining lots of photo time, but as it turned out I didn't have much time to stop and photograph or I'd be abandoned in the maze pretty quickly!  I could either follow the maze map or follow the others while looking for photos.  I took this photo just as we were entering the maze, and it's pretty rare that I go with the first photo I take.  I think I ended up liking it because it shows the height of the corn best (and there are clouds in the sky which is still exciting to me here).  All photos taken here were hurried ones, and this one is no exception.  At 1/800 of a second I certainly could have gone with a higher f-stop.  I really don't like how out of focus the corn stalks in the foreground are.
f/4, 1/800, 55mm

No comments: