Painting is just another way of keeping a diary ~Pablo Picasso

Saturday, October 1, 2011

October 1

When I made this photo I wasn't imagining I would choose it for my photo of the day.  It was pretty much a throw away shot made during a cross country meet held at Muller Vineyard in Yolo.  I was waiting for the runners to come up a hill and noticed a break in the vine here and took the photo.  It wasn't until I saw it on the computer that I thought the vine looked like a dragon.  And such a lot of grapes he's about to eat!  I think it's hard to tell from the photo, but these grapes are turning to raisins.  Capay Valley is a new (and maybe up and coming) wine growing region east of Napa.  I'm not sure how much wine is produced from here or why this particular vineyard is going to raisin.  But the dragon is so cool!  f/3.2 at 1/500, ISO400, 80mm.

No comments: