Painting is just another way of keeping a diary ~Pablo Picasso

Saturday, March 3, 2012

March 3

Well today I finally took a photo field trip, which I haven't done all winter.  I set my alarm for 5am, got myself a Starbucks, and drove to Napa Valley.  I've been really interested in this wild mustard growing around the roadside, and I read that it grows between the grape vines out here.  So I guess I've confirmed that.  Although it wasn't quite as ubiquitous as I was imagining.  It's been a while since I've had so many photos to choose for my blog entry.  This was one of the first I took, so the light is very low, and almost backlit.  I'll probably post a few more in coming days.

2 comments:

Steve Gravano said...

The low light is awesome. The colors have a beautiful saturation and they are all complementary. Sometimes it's worth getting up so early....somethimes

Doug Hickok said...

So very beautiful, the light, color and perspective! Wonderful photography :^)