Painting is just another way of keeping a diary ~Pablo Picasso

Monday, March 5, 2012

March 5

When I was a kid, one of my least favorite crayon colors was spring green.  It seemed like such a sickly color.  In fact, we called it puke green, which hardly seems fair to me now.  Spring green was one of those crayons that always kept its point.  I don't think I ever really "saw" this shade of green when I was younger.  I guess I always saw a more generic green.  Now that I'm (a little) older, I've got an appreciation for the subtleties of green, and for this youthful first green of the season.

3 comments:

Steve Gravano said...

I love the pattern and color. Beautiful job!

Ken Mac said...

This is beautiful, but what is it? :)

Melissa said...

:)
It's a vineyard. But it's before the vines have started growing for this year.